After changing all the negative values due to imprecision of the scale to zeros, boxplots of the consumption per colony and per diet (all colony combined). The consumption is divided by the number of workers still alive when the food was given.
Data: gallery length measured every 6 days, just before changing the nest. Consumption and number of survivors are the one 3 days before (=number of survivors 3 days before the galleries are measured, and food is the one eaten in the last 3 days)
>> [r,p]=corr(Gw,Dw,’type’,’Spearman’) ## global food consumption
- data from 19-12-2016 to 12-01-2017
- length of galeries correlated with consumption of C, P or L the 3 days before (length of galeries and consumption divided by the number of workers present 3 days before the galeries measurement. Will have to test if the number of soldier has an effect)
- NB: i will probably have to re order the data, because at the moment i have measured the galeries every 3 days, while the nests were changed every 6, meaning that the length of every other measurment is influenced by the previous. I will probably use only the data at the end of the 6th day, or substract the 3rd day to the 6th)
- Effect of the total consumption (Dw), the C and the P (Cw and Pw), but no correlation with the lipids (Lw) (i switched from F to L because sterols are lipids but not fat)
- correlation found between total consumption, consumption of carb with the length of the galleries built (spearman test in matlab)
- No correlation with lipids
- Maybe a correlation with protein?
- I compared the length of galleries per worker with the consumption per workers during the 3 previous days
Survival curves of col 11 replicate 1, survival probability = nb of dead counted on the day/nb of individuals at the start
Stopped the experiment the 10th March 2017. Only termites wood treatment were still alive. Individuals remaining were frozen (naturally dead and killed separetly as there is a difference in ants between the two).
- Changed nest col 11-1 and 16, took pictures to count the number of survivors
- ERROR: the lid of nest F1 of colony 12-2 was a bit open, and it the agar dried. Individuals were put in a new nest at 15:06. No increased mortality was observed, but this has to be noted for the galleries construction